Friday, October 27, 2006

The War

Yesterday I found out that a friend of mine is being shipped over to Kuwait in Jan. She is a single mom of two boys and I feel for her that she is going to be seperated from them for so long. I don't think its fair. My brother has been over in Iraq for about 3 1/2 years now and I have a friend who has a bro-in law over there and another friend whos husband is over there. I really wish this thing was over. I want all of our loved ones to be home safe. I know that my brother (Mr. gung ho america is right never wrong and believes in what he is doing) honestly believes in being over there and wouldn't have it any other way. It sucks because he hasn't seen my kids in almost a year..hasn't met the baby and won't be able to come to my wedding. My friend will be away from her children for 6 months. It just isn't right.
I don't want to turn this into a political matter/discussion. Whether or not you like Bushl, the war or whatever I don't care. I do believe in supporting our troops..as for Iraq..i have my own opinions I will keep to myself. I know that we can't pull out now...that would really hurt the country. At the same time..I just want everyone I love and care about and for everyone else who has loved ones over there home safe. Its just sad that this has been going on for so long now.

No comments: