Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Update Part 1

You ever have one of those days when you know you should have just stayed in bed? That was my Saturday. First we get up and I make a nice breakfast. Get everyone ready to go to Katie's soccer game which I believe is at 9.00 am. We get there about 15 min. early...Her coach has another team and they are still playing on the field. His wife and kid that is on Katie's team is watching the game. 9.00 passes. At 9.20 the game ends...coach walks over to me and says aren't you here early. I'm like the game is at 9.00 right? Nope its at one. I have a crying baby..a fussy Kyle and its so freaking humid out. The wife/daughter couldn't have walked over to us and told us..instead of making us wait 30 min in the humid hot sticky weather. So I felt like an idiot. So I take Katie home to change to go to the musuem since it is free musuem day (nationally). I get halfway there and call the musuem to see how busy it is. Guess what..they are charging...they aren't participating..u freaking kidding me. The State capitol of Texas isn't participating in the National Musuem Day? Pisses me off because I just wasted a bunch of gas. So I turn around...call Micau to tell him. He says to go meet him at work. I say okay except brain freeze and can't remember how to get out there. I call him but get his voice mail. I drive. He calls back and I've already passed the exit and have turned around to go home. I am so frustrated he's like come out and i'm like no I just want to go home. I decide to get a blizzard (i see a DQ) and pull into the drive through except there are like three cars in front of me. The car in front of the car in front of me takes like 10 min to order. Then it takes another 10 min for them to get the food out. I am sitting in a drive through for about 25 minutes. I feel like screaming. (Mind you the kids are being fussy too). Finally I get our blizzards (one for Katie and one for me) and head home. It must be idiot day because I run into several on the way back. Finally I get home, get Lauren out of her carseat and start rocking/feeding her. Katherine does her reading and times attack (math game) while Kyle just hangs out. I watch Ugly Betty (missed the premier episode and it was on again that morning) while rocking lauren. She smiles at me, talks to me and is just being so precious that my frustration and anger slips away. I am relaxed and calm. Then time for Katies soccer game. The other team playing on the field is running late because the refs are treating like a pro game (dumbass its little kids...geez)..anyway I walk around with the double stroller while the coach makes the kids do drills. I walk in the freaking hot humid sun for about 20 min. when the game starts. I set up under a shady tree. An elder woman (grandma to one of hte kids on the team) sits next to me because she takes meds and she can't sit in the sun. We have a nice conversation while watching the game. Surprisingly the kids aren't fussy. Katie's team won 3-1. Yea.
Needless to say the afternoon and evening turned out much better than my morning. I was ready to kill somebody but after just taking a chill hour holding my baby I calmed down. Although the kids can be the ones to drive you crazy; they are also the ones that can bring resting calm to you.

No comments: