Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Customer Service

What has happened to the customer service in this country? We went out to eat at Fridays for lunch today...it was bad. The waitress was okay but our food was bad. My ribs were overcooked and sauacy; Micau's steak wasn't very good. It was just bad (this is a trend I notice by the way). I only eat half of mine and tell the waitress that the ribs were overcooked (I had only eaten 3 or 4 and half of the mashed potatoes). She's like well do you want me to bring you something else..I am like no because of the kids. If they wait too long they will be fussy. She brings out the check and there is a full charge on my ticket. WTF? We weren't expecting that; we felt she should have taken 1/2 off of my meal..we had told her that neither meal was great. Micau goes to talk to the manager and they didn't want to give him 1/2 off mine at first but then was like okay. The waitress was like well she ate half...if she didn't like why did she eat half? So she takes the ticket and brings it back with the discount..she was pissed. Afterward we have a discussion about how you go out to eat and at most places for 2 people it is going to run you between 25-35 dollars and that the food size and quality has gone down but prices have gone up and how waiters don't really want to wait on people with kids..they tend to have an attitude we notice. I just think its getting bad and has helped us to stop eating out so much. Even getting half off on my meal it was around 40 with tip. That sucks for something that was mediocore at best.

2 comments:

Sharon G. said...

I totally agree!!!

We did Chilis ( before our trip ) and it was AWEFUL! Waitress sucked ass, and my food was TOTALLY wrong.

I've learned NOT to send things back, because GOD only knows what they'll do to it. Nor do I order anything else.

We got a coupon for $20.00 from them, my meal taken off... and I didn't leave our waitress a trip. Even wrote on the bill she sucked!

People don't want to work.. just want money!!!

Same for everything else here.

nowwhatelmo said...

I too agree. I think that in our area, unemployment is just so low, you can't get good help anymore. Glad that you got some money off though in the end.