Friday, August 25, 2006

Taking care of the kids

You know it isn't as easy as it sounds. Sometimes when I have company over and the house is messy or when I say I stay home and take care of the kids, I get rolled eyes or gee must be nice to sit on your butt all day and watch TV. I wish these people could walk in my shoes one day. I know that I only have 2...other people have 3,4, even 5 at home all at once. I know that when my daughter gets home is when most of the housework gets done because she can help with Lauren and Kyle and that most people don't have that. I wake up at 6 to get Katie out of bed, make breakfast, feed the baby, make lunches, and have everyone out the door at 7. Sometimes Lauren goes back to sleep and will sleep until 8.30 so I will go back to sleep. Kyle wakes up anywhere between 7.30 and 8.30. I will feed the baby again, get Kyle up and fed, then its time to feed the baby again. After that, take a shower, get dressed then Kyle needs to be fed again. By this time it is close to 11. And I switch like that throughout the day. About 4/7 days Kyle takes a nap. Lauren sometimes takes a nap at the same time. I then try to read, do housework, check email, or do my blog. Most days I only have about 30 min-1 hour to get everything done or wait until Katie gets home, does her homework and then hold the baby so I can straighten up the apartment and get dinner started. Its tough. Maybe I am just bad with time management; I don't think so. But for those women out there who think that their job is better and tougher than mine...maybe it is but don't put us down for what we do or how we look because we don't wear a suit and makeup. Sometimes we don't even get to shower until 5 pm or not at all. I used to work too. I did the 40-60 hour work week. I went to school. I have the benefit of knowing both sides. I wouldn't say one is harder than the other...just different. I didn't put down women who stayed home when I worked; I don't put down working mothers. And for the guys out there who think we just sit on our butts watching tv eating bons bons..I wish. Do you have any idea the energy it takes to chase after a hyper/very active two year old and take care of a baby? Do you ever wonder why we look like shit at the end of the day or why we are so tired? Yeah, stay home one day and you'll know why. So if you ever see me out one day, hair all messed up and needing a very bad eyebrow wax, you'll know why; and if you ever come over and the house isn't exactly clean...probably because my son decided all his toys looks better in the living room on the carpet than in his room.

1 comment:

Sharon G. said...

HE HE HE HE HE...

welcome to my world hon!!

Now with the twins home FULLTIME and Alexander.. plus 2 other kids in my house....

LMFAO.. JOY and BLISS!!

SHOWER???? What's that????

I love my kids... but there's a point ya need a break.

I LOVE having them home now!!!!!!!!