Monday, August 14, 2006

Missing Daughter


Today was Katherine's first day of school in the fourth grade. This is also the first year that she has to ride a bus. I am just used to taking her to school that it feels funny having her be on a bus.
I had a hard time without her. I got used her being home over the summer. I enjoyed it. She has grown up so much. I couldn't help but think back to when she was just a baby and toddler and how the years seem to have flown by. Back then it was just her and me...i was going to school full time and working 2 jobs and alot of the times she went to my classes with me. And when I didn't have a sitter to work my bosses would watch her (I worked graveyard and 2cnd shift at a conveinant store). Katherine and I have a special bond and I worry now that she is getting bigger how much of that bond will be left. When she turns 15 or so and can't go the cool party or date the boy of her dreams..the first time she says I hate you. Ugh. Not looking forward to it. I see her growing up...and it saddens me a little because I am losing my baby girl. She has always been my baby girl and sometimes I tend to baby her (spoil her) but I can't help it. She's my first and I learned so much from her. Its because of her I found my faith, its because of her that I survived school and work. Its because of her I grew up. I just really missed her today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will always have that special bond with each other. My baby starts middle school next week. The time just flies by.

Tripp's Mommy said...

I am sure you will always have that special bond with your daughter. Funny, I worry about that now with Tripp and myself.
I am sure she misses you when she is in school too!

nowwhatelmo said...

That is so neat. I too am sure that the bond will always be there. Honestly, Chayleigh is only 22 months and I worry about the same stuff.