Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Getting Married


So we finally decided on a date to get married. It is on November 10 which is a Friday. We are not going to do anything special (with 3 kids it'd be kind of difficult). We are just going to go through a justice of the peace. Both of our parents live about 3 hours away and aren't willing to come here so we don't see the need to bother with a big one. His parents were happy that we aren't going to be living in sin anymore (they are big time Catholics) and I'm sure our church will be as well. My parents take it with a grain of salt. My relationships have a tendency to fall apart after a year and after all the controversy with this one they just aren't sure this is the right decision for me.
To update you all on my Jerry Springer life, my hubby to be is my ex boyfriend's brother. The ex and I were together for 2 yrs and went through alot of arguing and just plain dislikes of each other. We had a big blowup which caused the breakup and after some time away decided that my true love was here. His parents are okay with the whole thing but hope the brothers will still get along; which hasn't been too bad...my ex can be moody so if you catch him on a good day then everything is a-ok...catch him on a bad day and he hates the whole world. But I can be that way too. LOL.
So anyway, I just wanted to tell my buddies and anyone else reading that I am finally getting married. I am excited. Never done it before but I think it will be alright.

3 comments:

Sharon G. said...

Marriage is a great thing! When you have the right person in your life that is!

You 2 seem to make each other happy!!! That's a start!

Sharon
(I'll make it up there if you'd like a witness. lmao)

nowwhatelmo said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on setting a date. My birthday is Nov 18, if you want to move it, I will share the date. Bwahaha. Seriously, Nov. 10th is wonderful!

Tripp's Mommy said...

Congratulations! This is a different change of events!!!

I think it is great!