Saturday, August 19, 2006

Poopy Diapers and Shaving.

Since Wednesday the kids have been sick but it really hit thursday and friday. Both of the younger ones were tag teaming me with the dirty diapers on Thursday...I smelled like poop as did the house. Then on Friday the fevers came along with the runny nose but no the dirty diapers. Lauren's temp stayed around 99 and kyle was just more of a runny nose and coughing. The pediatric nurse was all paranoid saying we should take Lauren in to get checked out. I knew she had a cold and felt it wouldn't be necessary but soon to be hubby was worried. We didn't have a thermoter so he bought and it turns out that, as mentioned above, her fever was only 99.8. Not high enough to have to get her checked out. She seems better today. Kyle is still pretty fussy though.
On another note...my 9 yr old had her first shaving experience this morning. She has really hairy legs and started growing hair in her underarms. We bought her Veet, since it doesn't have a razor, you put the shaving cream on the area, leave it for 3 min, and then use the razor less razor to take off the hair. It did't work too well on katie's legs. We are going to try again tonight. The reason why we are letting her shave is because she is now in the 4th grade and kids can be very mean. My mom didn't let me shave until i was 12 and kids would tease me all the time about my legs. I don't want the same thing to happen to Katherine. So we decided to lt her shave. Her first step to becoming a woman...lol.

1 comment:

nowwhatelmo said...

Wow. The thing about Veet, you have to press hard with that razor thing to get it to work. I love it though. So nice not having cuts from the razor! Hope the others are feeling better soon.