Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cancelled Membership

Yep..had to cancel our family membership at the rec center because the daycare doesn't take babies until they are 6 months old. Which the person at the counter should have told us; of course I was dumb enough not to read the playroom rules. Also, you have to pay $2.00 for each child per hour..max 2 hours. I have no problem with that except they don't change diapers, they don't feed the children, and they don't take infants out of their car seats. If they cry for more than 20 min, they will come get you from the weight room and your money is not refunded back to you...nor does the time stop. So if I have to stop my workout, go in and change or feed kyle..the clock is still ticking. I think that is absurd. Hello people, what are you getting paid for? The manager says that if they allowed the employees to feed, change, or hold the infants then the staff would have to be a certified day care place. Umm, shouldn't you be certified to watch children? I have a problem with that. Granted it is only for an hour or two, but alot can happen in that time with young children. So, I decided to cancel the membership. I am still going to take Kyle to toddler playtime because I know that will help him out alot. Now, I will have to do my cardio either when Katherine comes home or wait until after the kiddos are put to bed. I know I won't wake up early enough in the morning. I like to sleep. LOL.

2 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

Oh wow. That place sounds crappy. Now you know why they are so much cheaper than the Y. LOL!

Tripp's Mommy said...

Wow! I can't believe that. That is really crazy. I am sorry that screws up your workout, but I think I would be afraid to leave the kids with them if they don't do anything.