Friday, September 01, 2006

Movie Classics

I love old movies. Today on AMC was Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and Creature from the Black Lagoon. My fav. movie of all time would probably be Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and Tammy and the Bachelor. I like old movies because there isn't all the gore there is in today's movies; back then people actually had to act; so did the women. It wasn't about getting naked and having sex or showing tits...and the men just couldn't be teenagers and horny. Classics were made by suspense..something missing in today's movies. Plus, romantic movies involved kissing with a hint of what might happen, not kissing and tearing each other's clothes off and jumping into bed. Today's producers don't leave much to the imagination. Don't get me wrong...there are tons of movies that I enjoy watching that were made t oday...I just feel that in today's movies its about being pretty and the willingness to show t&a. If you look at the women who were known back in the 50s and 60s, most weren't skinny skinny and not all were gorgeous. I guess that is a sign of the times. Sigh.

No comments: