Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Green Bean Fight

Last night for dinner we had green beans with our meal. My lovely daughter decides to eat almost all of her food except for her veggies. I tried getting her to eat the beans with her chicken but she kept shaking her head and clamping her mouth shut. I told her no dessert, I told her no tv but she still refused. Short of having to force them down her throat she finally ate 4. Yes, I only gave her 4 to eat and she made it into an ordeal. She told Micau he was mean. She glowered at me and told me I was mean. We are so cruel for making her eat her veggies. When she ate all 4, she was made to take a shower and then had to go to bed. She went to bed without saying goodnight and with that look of I will hate you forever. I am always saddened when she says and does things like that but I guess you know you are doing your job as a parent when you hear those things every now and then. Children aren't going to like you all the time; sometimes they will hate you; but eventually they learn that you are doing what is best for them..or at least I hope so. You can't always be thier friend...so when my daughter says I hate you I know that she loves me and she is just angry for a little while...and she knows that I love her because I make her do things or I don't let her do things...that is how she knows I care for her.

No comments: