Thursday, September 14, 2006

Update

Katherine ran for student council but she lost. Her teacher said the race was real close; a girl named Shanice won. She was a little disappointed but is looking forward to trying again next year. Katie mentioned that when she grows up she either wants to be a scientist or the President; she thinks the President is the neatest person in the whole world and that he has the coolest job. Ah, to be young and believe in our country like that. Wish I still had that same young idealistic point of view. Whatever she decides, we will support her.

Kyle has croup..its this cough that sounds like a dog barking. It is a viral infection so they pretty much said we have to wait it out. We bought a humidifier (ped. said it would help) and surprisingly it did. When I had called the ped. last week, the nurse said that I didn't need to bring them in because their fevers were only at 99 and that temp. really didn't count as a fever. Well, gee if I had known it was going to get worse we could have prevented it...maybe buy a humidifier sooner so he wouldn't get sick. We are hoping that Lauren won't get it. The ped. made it sound like he was a highly contagious person, but I talked to the pharamiscist and looked at a website and they both mentioned that croup really isn't all that contagious.

Lauren, I think maybe getting sick. She has dark circles under her eyes and is starting to cough. So tonight we will put the humidifier in our room to hopefully prevent her getting croup. She now weighs a little over 13 lbs. and is looking good. She has really turned into a chunk. She has the biggest blue eyes and is so alert. Her hair has been doing crazy things lately. She is so funny.

As for me, I have been tired. I wish the kiddos didn't get so sick. Its a good thing I'm not working because I would get fired from any job I had due to having to leave work all the time to take care of them. Plus, Katie has her soccer practice in the evenings and games on the weekend starting at the end of the month. I have been going to gym this week. I'm very proud of myself...my eating habits could be a bit better though. But I have lost some fat in my butt and in my chest; I've also gained some arm strength, on the tricep I am now using a 15 lb weight and bicep a 25 lb weight. Yippee. Although my weight has gone down, I have lost at least 1 in from my waist because my clothes are fitting a little bit looser. Not enought to get into a 14 though. I will try to keep it up. Wish me luck.

As for Micau, he has been working a ton. He doesn't really like going to the gym with me because he doesn't like the treadmill or the elliptical. He really isn't a gym person. Of course, part of it is that he is just too lazy to exercise...he just doesn't care. He's pretty happy with himself..but there is a history of heart problems in his family and I don't want that to be a problem with him. I would like for him to lose at least 20 lbs..he has pretty bad heartburn too and it would help to lose weight. I just gotta keep trying.

No comments: