Saturday, September 09, 2006

UT Mania

Okay I know I'm not a big college football fan; and I really could care less about the Longhorns (I know..blasphemous) but do we really need all this hype on opening game day? I mean c'mon now. We were at the mall and almost everyone there was in UT shirts, some had their faces/bodies painted in orange. Driving home from the mall, ran into people honking their horns, screaming out of windows (Go UT), waving flags about, some even had their car/window painted. This all in N. Austin/Round Rock. The tailgate party wasn't even up here; it is downtown. As you can imagine though, nearly every sports bar is throwing a UT party..will be having the game on and if they win..usually do some discount drinks. All the clubs will be crowded...people will be driving drunk tongiht. Its ridiculous. They said on the radio traffic was backed (north and south) with people trying to get downtown. The tailgate party started at 5 and the game started at 7. There were people racing on the road trying to get home or the bar in time to see the game. C'mon now. It makes me glad that I am a responsible parent because I don't have to put up with all the crap that will be on the roads tongiht; and I won't be in the clubs (boy will 6th street be bad...almost like halloween) putting up with the stupidity of 20 yr olds. I'm so glad I will be in tonight.

1 comment:

Sharon G. said...

I agree!!!

It's obscene. lmao.

people here in our county are insane as well!!!

AND THEY LOST!! LMFAO..

DO DAH DO DAH. lmao.