Friday, September 29, 2006

Support Group

I've decided to join a support group. I've been reading this book on my own and trying to deal with things by myself but I think the time has come to join a group. The only problem is trying to find one. I called the only two places listed in Austin/Round Rock that have them and neither one is doing one for adults right now; And the waiting list to see a counselor is 2-4 months (of course it is free so really can't complain). I can't believe in our city as big as it is and it being the state capitol and all that these are the only places; I heard from someone I know that churches and the Y also have some and she is supposed to get back to me with that info. In the meantime, it is sit and wait. I really want to do this so hopefully I don't lose hope. I usually get excited about something and if it doesn't happen right away I can get pretty darn negative.

No comments: