Monday, September 25, 2006

Stuff

Last night Katie's dad dropped off all of her stuff that he had at his place. He is moving out and in with a friend so he didn't have room for everything. What you should know is that his exgirlfriend had bought Katie alot of clothes. Most of the items are from the limited too, arizona jean co., a girls boutique store, gymboree, etc. This is high dollar stuff. I buy Katie's stuff from Walmart and Target which according to her dad, aren't good enough. So I am sorting through the clothes and boxes and I find some books that his ex got Katherine. There are two books about growing up...getting boobs, starting your period, and questions about sex. I was really upset. I know that her dad and the ex aren't together anymore but I had a real problem with her buying Katie books like that without asking me. Its one thing to ask me if she could talk to her about but an entirely different matter if she was just going to talk to her with out consulting me first. I am her mother; not her who wanted to be Katie's mother. (Sidenote..the ex was pushing Chris to obtain custody of Katherine and there was alot of arguing over the summer as a result...she even called CPS on us for neglect because in order to take custody away from me he would have to prove there is something wrong in the household...anyway he broke up with the ex shortly after the CPS incident). I think she wanted to play being mommy without having any kids herself (she was 22 or 23). Anyways, I was just really upset and I shouldn't have been because they aren't even together; but for some reason I had a hard time letting go of the anger. Micau says its because I'm very possessive of Katherine and I feel threatened when another woman tries to come into the picture. Maybe so. It was just me and Katie for so long that we are pretty attached to each other and the idea of having someone explain the facts of life to her just doesn't sit well with me.
So anyway, as far as the clothes that don't fit...i'm offering them to some friends of mine. As for the books...I thought Katherine and I could read them together. There are other books and toys that need to be put up. There were clothes that she hasn't even worn yet; they had the price tags still on them. I better run and do the 8 or so loads of laundry I have to do. Later.

No comments: