Thursday, November 16, 2006

Video Games

***Before I start I just want to say that I am saddened at the loss of a friend. I have been sad and unsure of my decision. I just want to say that I am very sorry for al l the drama that has happened and I accept full responsibility for my actions; I cannot undue what I did or said. With that said, I think that is was best that we parted ways and I feel this loss very strongly.*****

I went to Target today to do some shopping for stocking stuffers, not really expecting to get a gift. As I am walking in there is a line of people on the side of the store that have been camping out. Not understanding this I go in minding my own. I found some great stocking stuffers in their one dollar bins for Kyle and Katie. I look around for more stuff and found baby einstein cds for just 5.99 so I buy one for Lauren and one for Kyle. I got Katie the Pink Panther (on sale for 13.99). As I look, I notice that the XBOX360 is on sale (399.99 and get a 50 gift card) and so is the Gears of War (59.99 plus 10 gift card). Not knowing what the normal price I pay for my stuff and walk down to the Best Buy. They too have a ton of people (longer line than Target) outside camping out. So I ask the gentleman who is answering my questions about the XBOX360 (which is the exact same price at Target b/c it is a set price) what is going on. He said that people are awaiting the PS3. I think this is dumb. To wait in line for any toy/gadget/game whatever is ridiculous to me. I dont' get it. Somebody please explain this to me. According to the guy, there are only a number of PS3s being sold and everyone wants one. I asked if the 360 price is going to come down then and he said no. Target sales ends tonight because the PS3 comes out tomorrow. So I went ahead and got if for Micau and now I have $70 on a Target gift card to buy xmas presents with. Of course I just spent a whole bunch of money on this stupid thing so he better play it. LOL.

1 comment:

nowwhatelmo said...

Having worked in a toy store, I totally don't understand the "want" of toys. Especially when if they wait till Feb the market will be flooded with the stupid things. Eh, at least you got a good deal!