Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

We left Wednesday evening to go to Beeville..we stayed with Micau's parents instead of mine because they have a roomier house. Katherine wanted to help with the turkey but we didn't get there until 9.00 pm and she was just so tired that she just wanted to take a shower and go to sleep. The trip down wasn't too bad..we were stuck in traffic about halfway through Austin all the way down to San Marcos. There were alot of accidents during the day and I felt bad for people going North (I think that's to Dallas) because it was a standstill from 2 pm until Lord knows when. We left at 5.30 and I was looking traffic heading North was just bad...it was stuck from where we live all the way down to 183 (about 10-15 miles..maybe more). So anyways once we got through everything it wasn't too bad. Kyle and Lauren slept for half of the trip, then woke up and we had to stop to change them, go potty, get drinks. Of course for the rest of the trip Kyle and Lauren took turns on crying and sometimes tried to outdo each other on the screaming. Lauren got really loud for about 30 min and fell asleep about 10 min before we got to the house. Go figure.
Micau's parents had dinner at about 12 (i helped prepare some things)...Thanksgiving is the big thing in his family..his Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle come. Francis (his bro my ex) was there and brought his friend William. So a pretty good crowd. I had a small plate of food because we had to go to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving 2. We waited for his son and exwife to come because they were going to stop by for a bit except her family had dinner late and they didn't get over until 3. He visited with his son for about 30 min and then we headed over to my family's. Luckily they had just sat down to eat. It was my parents, my aunt and uncle, my nephew (living with my parents right now), and a few of my aunt's friends. Micau and the boys watched the game and I visited with the gals. We stayed until about 6.30. Katherine went to spend the night at parents so she could visit with her cousin since they don't get to see other much and they are the same age. We got back to Micau's parents house and played two games of Mexican Train. His family is very competitive and it is so funny to see his dad get upset and curse everyone with whom he gets upset with. We left on Friday at about 9 and got back into Austin about 1.00. We had to stop in San Marcos to eat (20 min wait at the IHOP) and traffic was a bit heavy. We took a nap and then just had an easy night.
Micau had to work on Saturday and I did most of our xmas shopping yesterday. I wrote in my online moms group a few weeks ago that I thought 200 was alot to spend on one child...should have kept my mouth shut. With xmas presents and stocking stuffers I have spend about 200 on Katie and 50 on each Kyle and Lauren. As you all know I bought Micau an early gift an XBox but I wanted him to have presents to open so I bought him a couple of things...not counting the xbox I have spent about 250 on him. Then of course there is family. So far we have spent 600.00 on presents. I still have 5 more people to buy gifts for so that will probably be another 200. Ugh. I didn't even think we had that kind of money...good thing we had put some in Savings and cut back on our eating out. So next time I won't rush in to say how ridiculous I think 200 on a person is.

1 comment:

Tripp's Mommy said...

You made me laugh about keeping your mouth shut with spending 200 bucks. Isn't that always the way???
200 doesn't go as far as it used to!
I am glad you had a nice time and got most of your shopping done. I am going to get the rest of mine done on Saturday.