Thursday, November 09, 2006

Children

I think I'm going to stop telling people that we want to have 2 more kids. They look at us weird or their tone of voice changes. Its weird and uncomfortable. What is wrong with having more children..if you can afford them? I know that we don't get to travel or take vacations; and right now we are doing okay..bills getting paid and we even have a little in savings now. Insurance we are looking into. So if in three or four years we are in the right place to have a two more..why not? Is it socially unacceptable to have a large family? Its not like we are going to be living off the government; heck we can't even get WIC right now because Micau makes too much money and we have three kids. (Thats a whole different issue). Anyway, its frustrating to know that people look down on you when you have a big family...when I tell my parents they say why more? Don't you have enough? And a few racially inappropriate commments. Even Micau's parents (they have 5 kids) are like why more? I guess its because nobody expects us to last. They figure that we won't stay together. As for friends...I don't understand why not. I may have a shady past and right now i have 3 different dads; but is that any reason to put me down when I have changed my life around. I wish people wouldn't judge...I don't. Besides this is Texas..aren't we supposed to have large families? LMAO.

No comments: