Saturday, November 04, 2006

Clothes that Fit

So last night we went shopping for something for me to change into after the wedding to eat in. There weren't too many dresses and most of the skirts were in black. I have a ton of black skirts already; I just can't fit into them. This was at Kohls. So we go next door to Lane Bryant (which I've always referred to as one of the "fat peoples store." They too didn't have too many skirts/dresses. However I saw this cute top..perfect after wedding top..its really cute. But none of the skirts I tried on looked good with it..so I tried on a pair of jeans. Looks great except the shirt is a little thin and I feel too fat to wear it. One of the ladies that works there suggested wearing this thing (forgot the name of it) that you wear under the jeans and it pulls in your stomach..apparently alot of overweight people wear these. So I try it. It works. Fat rolls are hidden. I really love my outfit and for once I have a pair of jeans that I really like since having Lauren. It really boosted my self image a little...its nice having clothes that fit and look nice on you instead of trying to fit into stuff and always feeling fat. I guess I can't call it the fat people store anymore; I'm really glad that there are places like this out there for people/women who are overweight for whatever the reason. The women in the store were so helpful and friendly; the only problem was the price. They are bit expensive but I like what I got.

No comments: