Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vent

I am upset today because I have to make a decision about staying friends with someone. I'm not sure how to go about telling someone that you no longer want to be friends. Its not that I don't want to know how she is doing or how things are...its just that well there is alot of negativity right now. At what point do you decide to stop being friends with someone? What is a good reason? This isn't easy for me to do or to decide. Its very hard indeed. But when it comes down to this person not agreeing with how you raise your children or are questioning if you are a good a parent...then should that mean that you shouldn't stay in contact? And what is the definition of a good parent anyways? Don't we all have our off days when we make bad decisions..or maybe not the best decision?
I don't think what I did was bad or incorrect...I know there are probably parents out there who may disagree. But for a friend to totally question whether or not you should keep your children or have them removed or have someone intervene without even telling you how they feel and to be nice to you as if nothing happened or was said kind of irks me. I have been supportive I think. I feel truly backstabbed, especially with all the crap we have had to go through because of some trouble caused by an ex and his girlfriend.
This has been bugging me this morning. It isn't a decision I have come to lightly. With all due respect to my friend I will of course discuss the situation with her. But I hate brooding over this and I don't question my parenting skills..I know I am not going to win mother of the year award but I know I am not a horrible mom or a terrible person. I am a decent human being. I am a good mother...I do the best I can. I don't feel like I should have to defend that. So as of right now I am letting this matter go and handing it over to God. No more brooding...no more being upset. I am washing my hands of it.

2 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

Hmm, to me a friend is someone who offers you UNCONDITIONAL support.

Anonymous said...

A good parent can admit that they aren't perfect. People who are so busy looking for things that other people are doing wrong need to take a closer look at themselves. All parents make mistakes the good parents realize it and can admit they made a mistake and learn from it. just my opinion. I'm sorry you are going through a rough spot right now. It's hard when you have to distance yourself from a friend.