Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Micau's son

Micau's son shaved his head...well not really shaved but cut off all his hair into a buzz cut. Last month he turned 16 and decided he just wanted to cut his hair. It was long. Everybody wanted him to cut it..I don't think any of us wanted him to go totally the other way. Him mom said that he wanted to completely shave his head but because of the neighborhood they live in they didn't want anyone to think he was a skinhead. So he has fuzz on his head. It is very different and takes some getting used to. I'm just used to his hair being so long and now there is nothing. It just seems funny.
I think I mentioned this already but he loves rowing. He had a rowing rigata last weekend and this weekend his gets to go to Chattanooga (sp?). He is very excited about. The rigata wasn't much fun because we didnt' get to see him go in..we saw him come out. He barely waved to his mom..she wanted a hug from him but all he wanted to do was go be with his teammates. What is it about 16 where they just hate to have any form of affection or affiliation with parents? She mentioned that he has been extra moody lately..must be hormones. Anyway I wanted to go to the rigata to show my support and I thought it might help in letting him know that we care about him and love him.
I am really happy that he decided to go to the wedding. Micau is happy also. We didn't think he was going to go but decided he didn't want to feel guilty about it later in life (or rather his mom doesn't want him to). I think it is more of her forcing him to go but we'll take it. We just want him there.
Wow this turned out longer than I thought it would.

No comments: