Monday, July 31, 2006

Pool Play


My friend, in tow with children and hubby came over to go swimming with one set of floaties and three toddlers...not the brightest. LOL. Anyways we all had fun playing in the pool except one of her boys stepped off the step in the kiddie pool and got a mouthful of water but luckily daddy picked him out just in the nick of time. My wonderful oldest daughter helped out with watching the boys and her little brother. She was so good and helpful. I am very proud of her for how she acted yesterday. After swimming we came back in and had lasagna and cheesecake...yummy.
My rant. What is it about parents who can take their kids to the pool and not pay attention to them? This happens so much where i live. There is a couple who has an 11 month old and they have their friends with toddlers down there and just sit around tanning, drinking beer, talking not paying attention to what the baby is doing. There has been a few times that they even left her sitting onthe step in the pool to go back out and tan or hang with their buddies...not to mention their friends leaving their kids in the pool. And then there are the older kids. They jump in the pool without looking..go running around the pool doing all kinds of stuff that they are not supposed to..come on people parent them. Then of course you have the parents who let their kids come to the pool by themselves..and i'm not talking teenagers..i'm talking about kids mydaughter age..8, 9, 10 years old. What kind of freaking parenting is that?
I'm not saying i am the perfect parent. But i don't drink in front of my kids...especially not get drunk in front of them; i don't leave them unattended especially in a situation that can turn harmful, and i don't let my children run rampant causing mischief. I mean I will sit at the pool and let my daughter swim but i keep an eye on her. I let my son be in the kiddie pool and play but i don't leave him there alone. To me there is no excuse for that. Am i the only one who feels this way or am i just weird? Ah well I hope for the sake of parents like that that no danger ever comes to your children.

2 comments:

Sharon G. said...

Floaties?? I was supposed to bring my 4 yr old floaties?? ughhh

Mom of the year 2006 and running!!!!

:)

sharon

PS.. read my little blurb on my blog for additions to your rant. lmfao.

nowwhatelmo said...

Looks like a great time!