Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Healthy vs. Junk Food

Why is healthy food so much more expensive than junk food? We had to go to the mall yesterday and ate at the food court. For a half roast beef sandwhich (not a sub or anything; just a regular sand. made on nature own wheat bread) and a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a 16 oz drink my total was 6.31. My daughter gets a 2 slices of pizza and a 16 oz rootbeer for 3.32. She not only gets more food but hers was three dollars less than mine. It is so frustrating for those of us who are trying to eat better to have to pay more. Ever notice this when grocery shopping? A bag of chips costs you like 3.50..but fresh fruit can cost anywhere between 1.00-2.00 a pound. Isn't that ridiculous? Every where you look you see ads for eating better, ways to lose weight, surgery, but there is no incentive to do it in the food world. Its like they want you to eat unhealthy but buy the products to help you be smart in the way you eat. It makes absolute no sense to me. That is my rant for yesterday and today.
A friend and I have started a fitness blog where I will be posting recipes...usually what i will be making for dinner that evening. I am also posting some of the workouts I do. You should take a look...just click on the nat and barb link. Peace.

3 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

It is a ploy to get you to eat worse. Bwahaha.

Tripp's Mommy said...

Yep, I notice that all the time! It really does stink. That is why I hardly buy any fruit. I bought or went to buy grapes a weeks ago. That is my favorite fruit. Anyways, when I get up to the counter and saw the price of $9.99 I told the cashier I only longer want them because I refuse to pay that much for grapes. She agreed with me.

It is really frustrating!

Unknown said...

wow..10 bucks for grapes and i thought we were expensive