Sunday, July 30, 2006

WARNING: RELIGIOUS

My soon to be DH has a 15 yr old son who isn't too enthusiastic about us being together or the fact that we just had a baby so he hasn't been spending time with dad. Their relationship is kind of rocky right now. So I get up this morning to get ready for church and the kiddos and to my surprise he is going to go. Today's sermon was about laying your troubles before god and not to worry and also the miracles of praying when you pray with the spriit and the word of God. I thought what a good sermon for my non religious hubby to hear. Since our life is full of strife this was something both of us needed to hear. He believes in God but not organized religion and doesn't see the need to go to church. Anyways he didn't seem thrilled but on a plus note he did say maybe we could try a different church. The church we have been going to is non denominational and does alot of praise music, prayer partners, and then the sermon. It is about 2 hrs long. Anyway, he thinks it is a bit too commercialized and so my job this week is to look at other churches in our area that has a nursery and wonderful children's program and something that we would like to. We would be catholic if it wasn't for the fact they do nursery or have alot of children or adult bible studies. Anyways, I was just really moved today because with everything that has been going in our life I hadnt really taken time out to pray about it. I guess this was just a reminder that through God everything is possible. For me, this month (august) is about laying our worries before God through prayer instead of being so stressed out and concerned.

1 comment:

Tripp's Mommy said...

To begin with I am sorry about the relationship between Michau and his son. I hope that changes soon.

Secondly, thank you for reminding me about putting worries before God and letting Him take care of us.
Years ago, long before I met Bill, I was very religious. I went to church each week, prayed and read the bible. Anytime I became upset or worried I would have a talk with God and things always worked out. I think that is one reason why I was such a positive person before. I think a lot of Bill and his negativity rubbed off on me.....but anyways, I do remember when I did leave more things up to God I was a much happier person. Things always worked out one way or another and knowing I put it in His hands made it less worrisome for me
So anyways, thanks for the reminder!
I hope you find a church that you will all be happy with.
Barb