Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Eating Out


Does anyone else have this problem? I just for my own sake wanted to know how much we are spending on fast food. So I went over the past two month bank statements to see. I was shocked by how much we had spent. So I looked at this month and although it is so much better than last month...it is still a pretty large number. I am like, we can't afford this..how on earth did we end up spending this much? My fiancee says its easy when you just spend 10 here and 10 there. So we made an agreement for the rest of this month forward that we will stick to the menu planning I do and try to follow that. We also agreed on a budget amount of how much we can spend on entertainment (which includes eating out). We are not to deviate from this. I am hopeful, but I know that my fiancee loves to eat out, especially when he is stressed and right now he has been very stressed. So I am hoping I can be the resourceful one and say no but the truth is i love eating out too. I am however, more health concious since i am trying to lose my baby weight so we shall see. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Sharon G. said...

We spend a ton of money on takeout/eat out.

We are trying to do better about that!!
Sharon

nowwhatelmo said...

We too spend a lot of $$ on eating out. Most weekends we don't even eat a single meal here. Nice blog too! I linked you on mine, hope you don't mind!

Tripp's Mommy said...

We have our moments. It is cheaper to eat at home so we mostly do that. Although at some point I don't want to cook and we eat out. I always feel guilty because the price of one meal..could probably be 3 meals bought at the store...well sort of...good luck with that!
I want to hire a cook!!! :)