Friday, October 12, 2007

Stay At Home Mom

Okay being a stay at home mom is great. I love the fact that if I'm tired during the day I can nap when the kids are napping. I can run errands, go grocery shopping, check my email, clean (sometimes) and do whatever else throughout the day. I love the fact I can play with my kids and go for walks with them. On the other hand, when money is tight, I have a hard time with not working. I feel like I waste my days...that I'm not doing much to contribute to this family. My husband says otherwise. Alas, this week I have felt like a lazy bum. I know the stress my husband is under considering all the medical bills we have and rent and food and clothes. Its not easy being the breadwinner of the family. I can't help but feel like maybe I should be doing something to help out.
I'm not good at selling stuff and we don't have the equipment for alot of those work from home jobs (plus hubby goes out of town about 2 days a week or works late) so having an evening job is out. I could get a weekend job but then I would never see my husband. I don't know. Guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

1 comment:

Tripp's Mommy said...

I know how you feel Nat! That is how I felt when I worked 3rd shift. Issue was I was tired that I would fall asleep sometimes playing with Tripp. It was like I loved the time we spent together but was either too tired to do something or didn't have enough patience.
Now that I am first shift, I do a lot more with Tripp and try to find special things for us to do together. Now that I will probably go back to work FT soon, it will be even less time with Tripp..but I am going to make sure that everything we do together and the time we have together will be as special as possible.