Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Halloween Costumes

I have been searching for a way to save money on halloween costumes this year and my husband found an ad on craigslist selling costumes for $5-10. So I gave him a call and guess what? He lives out in Lakeway (for those not familiar with Austin/Round Rock..all of Austin is broken into divisions...Lake Austin, Lakeway Austin, The Lakes, North Austin...etc..you get the idea). Anyway, I asked him if he had size 3T-4 and 12-18 months. He said yes. I told him I live in Round Rock (30 minute drive without traffic..emphasis on the without here). So you would think he would be absolutely sure. Nope. I drive out there after my olderst daughter gets home from school. Guess what....only one outfit to fit Lauren and nothing for Kyle. Plus all of his stuff is real thick/heavy and all are from Walmart. Hello..I could have just drove down the road to view Walmart's stuff instead of driving all the way out there; couldn't just tell me over the phone. Plus can't wear the heavy stuff here...the kids would get heat stroke. Maybe this year we might get in the low 80s or high 70s but most years its closer to the upper 80s and humid. Basically it was a waste of my time. We did buy the witch costume for Lauren..she looks really cute in it and it was only $6. Reality wise it cost me $20 for the gas it took to drive out there and back.
On the plus side, it was a beautiful drive. We got to see Mansfield Dam and parts of Lake Travis. The scenery was wonderful; the colors, just how everything looked was truly a wonder to see. We got to view it for a long time because it took me an hour to get home because of traffic. Thank goodness for the new toll road because after sitting on 620 for about 50 minutes I jumped on the toll road and it took 10 minutes to get home; if I hand't taken the toll it would have taken another hour and a half to get home. Ah well.
Speaking of Halloween, we helped our church unload pumpkins tonight. We are selling pumpkins to help with our next mission trip. Basically my oldest helped and I played with the little ones and got to hold a baby for awhile (kyle held him too...it was real cute seeing my 2 1/2 yr old holding a 1 yr old). It took about an hour and there were lots of people that came out to help. I will be helping to sell the pumpkins on Thursday evening and Monday afternoon. I love halloween. I hope you do to.

1 comment:

nowwhatelmo said...

I bet she will be an adorable witch. Sorry you couldn't find anything for Kyle.