Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A little of Everything

Isn't there just something wonderful about morning sex? I woke up this morning next to my wonderful husband. And for the next 5 minutes enjoyed a good morning wake up (hey we do have little ones after all..gotta squeeze in what you can). It just puts a smile on our faces and helps us stay in a good mood ready to face the day.
Yesterday, I had a wonderful time walking around Lakeline Mall with a woman (B) I met on Sparkpeople.com. She has allergies like I do and can't walk outside, so now on Tuesdays and Wednesday we are meeting in the mornings (9 am) to walk around the mall. It takes about an hour and I believe we do 1.5 miles. She is a very nice lady.
Okay, now for something I don't like admitting to because it is a habit that I sometimes fall into when I'm nervous and talking to people in person. I am much better as a computer friend than in person because sometimes I just don't know how to be around people. Yesterday afternoon I went over to an online friend's house (A) and met with two other women from the online group we are in. We all had some very nice conversations. The problem is that I told a few little white lies...embellishments on some things we talked about. So if you were there and are reading this blog I apoloze whole heartedly for telling the little white lies. I know that in God's eyes a lie is a lie so saying a little white lie is the same thing as a big lie. Just wanted to say sorry. I don't really realize I am doing it until I am through the situation...I don't even think about it. I could come up with a 1000's of excuses as to why I do this..but the bottomline is I chose to do that, I did it and I am taking full responsibility for it.
Moving on. Last night was a new episode of Boston Legal. In case you didn't get to watch it or aren't a fan they had a very interesting case. A 15 yr old wanted to sue her school because they teach abstinence only and she contracted HIV because she didn't know about using a condom when she had sex. They won the case. But it made me think if that was an actual case. As most of you know..I believe in educating our children when it comes to sex. I believe they should know how to protect themselves, what toys and condems are, what STDs and AIDS is, know about birth control and the consequences of sex. I don't think it should be made to be bad or wrong but to be careful about it. So I am all for sex education and not the abstinence only program. I could give you a ton of reasons why...but I'll let my experience answer it. I grew up not knowing much about sex from my parents but alot from my friends. By the time I was in 4th grade I knew the terminology, I had seen a boy naked, and I knew about pregnancy and AIDS. In junior high..they passed out condoms because our school had a high teen pregnancy rate..(yes we had girls that were pregnant at 12 and 13). They taught us about sex, about condoms, about STDs and the such. If it wasn't for this education I wouldn't know how to protect myself when I started having sex at 15. No, I didn't have sex b/c of what I was being taught. I had my own demons (came from an abusive background..not to mention my parents didn't care for me). It took me a long time to realize why I was doing the things I was and I'm still not perfect. Being in high school, I only knew of 2 people who were virgins by the time we graduated. I'm sure there were more but the majority of the people I knew had had sex. Kids are having sex now at younger ages. They need to be aware of what is going on. You can get an STD from giving a blowjob, you can get pregnant from the first time, things like that. If we continue to keep our children in the dark about sex then we are not giving them a bright future. Wake up people. Your kids will be put in that position time and again when they are older..don't you want them to be informed so they can take proper safety measures if they decide to have sex? Okay I'm off my soapbox now.

No comments: