Thursday, October 18, 2007

Staph/Homeschooling

Well as you all probably have heard there is a bad case of Staph infection going around infecting people. Being in Texas, I don't know why, but there are some people that are blaming it on the illegal immigrants. I think this is absurd. Why can't people just let go of that issue?
Anyways, with it starting to hit the schools (although i haven't heard of it being in any schools in the RRISD area) it made me think about home schooling. I know my daughter would be difficult to do..plus she really does like going to school and being apart of all the events they do. Plus I'm not real good with math so since she is starting middle school next year I don't think I would have the patience to deal with her. Although it would be nice having her home. I was thinking about my younger ones. They are so good with each other...most of the time. I would just have to really focus my days with them and I'm not sure about controlling Kyle when he gets older...plus I like the idea of having a break with them. They can be so hyper; rambunctious. This will take some praying I think..and discussion with hubby.
Its not just about the staph infections. It's also about people who don't vaccinate their children. Its the education system. I don't like the Texas public education...I don't think its really helped my child. Sometimes I wonder if we could do better here at home. Katie fights me alot when I tell her to do something but I think after a while she would be okay. I just don't know. I don't usually let things get to me but this time I feel like I need to protect my kids and I should just keep them at home. I know you all are probably saying, "She's totally freaking out over nothing." Maybe I am. This world can be so scary sometimes.

No comments: