Thursday, December 14, 2006

Micau's son

Micau's son (GC) spent this past weekend with us. It has been about 3 months since he came over to spend the night. I am always nervous when he comes over because I want to make it nice for him so he'll want to come back. I try to take care of the kids so Micau can spend time with GC and not worry about the little ones. The only problem was over the week Micau had been working some long hours and the kids had been really fussy especially thursday and friday. So when Micau picked up GC on Saturday and came home about 4.30 I was already a mess.
Katherine spent the night at her best friends house on Friday so I had to pick her up about 12. I got a pedicure done right before i picked her up and then I went to get her and I got my hair done (I dyed it a dark red because I have patches of gray hair all over my head and it doesn't look well) which took about 2 hours. Katherine kept saying she was bored and Lauren slept for about an hour and a half. The last 30 min. she was really cranky. Kyle was fussy but he was with his dad who brought him back home after only having him for 2 hours. Since Micau was home with GC, Kyle and his dad he called me and asked about going out to eat. I didn't really want to since the baby was fussy and Kyle didn't take a nap. But I was overruled. So we went to Texas Roadhouse. Well that was a really bad idea. Kyle was not wanting to sit in his high chair and Lauren cried the whole time. I had to take her out of the restraunt a few times and then Micau held her for awhile but nothing worked. So we hurried up and ate. At least GC payed attention to Katie. Then we all came back here and watched Pirates Dead Man's Chest. Kyle's dad bought it and wanted to watch it. Lauren again was being fussy and I was just having a hard time with her. We put Kyle to bed as soon as we got home. Micau took Lauren for a bit and then put her on the floor. She was just in a mood I guess. After it was over, Kyle's dad left and I went to go grocery shopping. It was so nice to shop without anyone crying or begging (Katie tends to do that). I actually got done in 45 minutes. Once I got back, Micau got the baby to sleep and he and GC played on the Xbox 360. GC seemed like in a good mood. Everyone went to bed about 11.00.
On Sunday I got up and made cinnamon rolls and eggs for breakfast (i had toast instead of the rolls). GC seemed a little out of sorts. He didn't want to go to church so Micau stayed home and while we were at church they played Gears of Wars. I get home with the little ones (of course they are still being fussy) and put Kyle down for a nap. They had beat the game just as we got home. Katie wanted spaghetti for lunch. GC seemed to be in a hurry to leave. While Micau was in the shower he had gotten all his stuff ready and was walking out to the car to wait. I told GC he can wait inside and have some lunch. He didn't want spaghetti. I told Micau to just go ahead and go and take him out to lunch. So he did.
Micau said that GC did have a good time its just the kids were real loud. They just had to pick that weekend to be the most loud and unconsolable. I understand GC; what 16 year old wants to listen to two babies cry for two days. Not much fun. Anyway, we are hoping that next weekend he will come back over. Micau really misses spending time with him. So cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do think it would be hard for a boy his age to be around 2 little ones that are having bad days. Particulary if he isn't used to it to begin with.
I am sorry it wasn't a great weekend, but I think it is great that he did stay with you guys.
Hopefully the next weekend he comes will be better!