Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas

Well Katie woke up all excited; Lauren woke up at 7 and that woke Katie up. (Kyle's dad picked him up on Sunday since it was his turn to have him this year...he gets him during even numbered years on holidays). Katie went straight for her stocking and loved everything in it. She thought her DVD player was so neat she wanted it hooked up right away to play a movie except for that fact that she hadn't opened her presents yet. Katie helped Lauren with hers. Katie got a puzzle, bracelet, photo bracelet, Cars Xbox360 game. Micau got texas hold em game, belt, undies and amug (Katie picked them out), Get Fuzzy calender, and 2 Dilbert books. I got a MP3 player and a dragon (Katie picked it out) and of course my pjs and robe. Micau and I got a fountain from his exwife...its really nice. The Santa gifts were a princess dvd player for Katie, the Playschool Dome for Lauren, and a bike for Kyle.
We headed down to Beeville about 11. Traffic was so smooth..hardly anyone on the road. We stopped at Micau's parents house to get Kyle. Katie got to open her presents there and so did Lauren. They each got a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble (so did Micau and I) and Kyle's dad kept his card so he can buy some books for Kyle and keep them at his place). Kyle got some puzzle boards, a clock that has shapes and numbers, a tool bench set, 2 outfits, some books. Lauren got an outfit and blanket, some books, a teddy bear. Katie got a bead set to make bracelets and necklaces with, a disney princess coloring book and marker set, a book on tx critters, Micau got a shirt and golf balls and tees, and I got a bear with bubble bath and pj set.
Then off to my parents house. We got there about 3. There were alot of people there. My aunt and uncle, a long time friend and his son, my brother came home from Iraq (has to go back New Years Eve), my sister and her 3 kids, her ex husband, my other brother and his wife, and us. They had already opened some presents but there were still alot to be left open. When we got in everybody was eating. Usually my mom goes all out for xmas dinner but not this year. There was turkey and ham, sweet potato casserole (yuck), potato salad (yuck), bread, and some spanish dish which was really yucky. So I didn't have much to eat. We opened presents about 4. Kyle got a Steve Mcqueen Car that makes noise (from the movie Cars), Leap frog alaphet and numbers magnet set (to go on the fridge), Leap frog animal block set, and some other stuff I forget. Lauren got Leapfrog soft blocks (each one does something different), an outfit, a plaschool activity kick thing (ya know where she lays on her back and can kick and play with different things) which I think we are going to take back to Target because she's kinda outgrown it and a couple of other things I forget. Katie got a book, a Cabbage Patch doll with a changeable outfit, coloring book, some clothes. We got a picture frame and a cute heart shaped door hanger to hang on our front door. All in all it was a good Christmas.
Kyle was getting really tired. My 4 yr old niece got a Dirt Devil Vaccum and Kyle played with that for the entire time. Katie stayed over at my parents house so she could play with her cousins. We left at around 6 because Kyle hadn't napped and Lauren was getting stressed out. As soon as we got back to Micau's parents house we put kyle down and he went straight to sleep. Lauren stayed up until Midnight. I was so hungry that I ate some of his dad's stew and salad. It was good. We all played Mexican train.
We came back home on Tuesday and got in about 3. We had to go to Walmart to get some batteries and saw the dirt devil vac and got it for Kyle. We then came home and let him open up his gifts. He got a bowling ball set and a See n Say plus his vaccum. Oh, his dad got him a wooden train set so he likes that. I got him a thomas the tank train set but didn't realize it was for 3 and up so Micau put it up until next year. Kyle loves his vaccum and his Car. Kyle also got a dump truck from my brother and a set of 3 construction vehicles from my mom. Each of them received a Baby Einstein CD from Micau and I. I will post some pics as soon as we download them.

No comments: