Friday, November 16, 2007

Vanilla Wafer Water

Yesterday after Lauren's nap (Kyle was still asleep) she and I had some snacks. We ate poptarts, popcorn, and vanilla wafers (I know not a good thing but it was yummy). I always put my cup of water on the ledge of the couch. Thought nothing of it. Hubby comes home at 3.30 and we leave to go look at double strollers.
SIDENOTES: DOUBLE STROLLERS
How is it that they cost the same as on craiglist and at consignment shops as they do new? I mean c'mon folks. We looked at several ads on craigslist and people were selling their Graco Duo Gliders for 150...brand new you can get one for $100-160. Yes there were some that were about 40 or 50 but I am being a snob. Our last one was only $50 and it was ugly, stained and weathered. I should mention here that our double stroller was free because a friend was nice enough to get it for us; I am not trying to be ungrateful as it was a most welcome gift. But it was pretty used. It broke after only having it for about a year. I wanted something gently used. We went to the Pumpkin Patch and Kid to Kid. Kid to Kid had a nice Graco for 80. My husband and I discussed getting another Graco but ultimaletly felt the time had come to get a side by side; Graco Duo Glide is for younger children. So we went to Pumpkin Patch and they had the Instep...179.99. Umm, I can pay $15 more and get a new one. So we came home and looked on Ebay and at Amazon. We finally decided to get one off Amazon. It is new and it set us back 189. We are getting the Instep Safari.
BACK TO STORY:
Okay so after putting the kids to bed and ordering our new stroller, we went into the living room to just hang out. I went to take a drink of water..I did about two gulps when I thought I saw something in the cup. There was a bunch of white stuff swimming around in my water. Micau looked at it and was like what is in there. "I don't know." Then he sees the vanilla wafer on the floor; he says, 'Lauren had some wafers." "Yes." Then that is what is in the cup. She put all her wafers in my water cup and I drank like two big gulps of vanilla wafer water. I don't recommend it. Now I have to remember to look into my water before drinking.

No comments: