Friday, November 02, 2007

The New Black Friday

Okay so does this bother anyone else like it does me? The fact that Christmas seems to be getting earlier and earlier? Last week, before Halloween mind you, I was walking at the mall and the Santa/North Pole area is already up and running. Now, today stores are treating this like the day after Thanksgiving. I hope this isn't a trend. I hear its because stores/markets are fearing a very slow year and that sales will be down. That may be so but when did Christmas become such a spending holiday? What happen to cheer and love and just being with family? I think the true meaning of Christmas has been lost and the new generation of children will be forever acting like a 2 yr old..whining and crying over toys they did not get instead of enjoying what was given to them...Jesus Christ and Salvation.
And yes, I will be out there shopping but not for gifts. Turns out we will be having a bunch of cold days next week and I still haven't bought the kids any winter clothes. So probably tomorrow I will be out getting clothes. I do hope the sales are still on.

No comments: