Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sleeping

So Lauren hasn't been sleeping well and quite frankly Micau and I needed to find a solution. You know me...I always turn to books. Found this great one that we like. Turns out I believe Lauren is overtired. She isn't one for taking naps or when she does they aren't very long or sometimes it can be a 4 hour stretch. She doesn't really have a regular schedule. This book says that she needs two naps at about 1.5-2 hours each. So I've chosen between 9-10 am for her first nap and 1-2 pm for her second nap. The book also suggests setting up a nightime routine and letting her know when its bedtime. This we haven't done. And to start her off earlier because she has a tendency to stay up until 1-2 am. So we are going to try some of the strategies...the book says it may take up two months for them to get used to a schedule, to have patience and not give up. Hopefully we can do this. Its gotta be better than getting no sleep at all.

2 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

I hope it works for you!

Anonymous said...

I really hope it works!