Friday, March 02, 2007

Driving Crazy

Okay so I am not a multitasker when it comes to driving. I am one of those people whom you probably have cursed at because I can't drive while changing the radio station or eating an ice cream cone. Cases in Points: A couple of days ago we went to Sonic and I got an ice cream cone. Well I'm trying to drive around the curb turning the steering wheel with one hand. Almost hit another car. It is just so much more difficult driving the Armada than the Malibu. I'm not used to big cars...just small cars (no dirty thoughts please...lol).
#2..I forgot to brush my hair and didn't realize it until I was on my way to meet up with a friend. So I'm trying to brush my hair while driving. Again not a good idea for me. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. But no.
#3..Talking on my cell phone has also posed a problem with the Armada..wasn't too difficult in the Malibu but for some reason I just can't drive one handed in the Armada. I not only got distracted while talking on my phone..i changed lanes without realizing i did until another vehicle honked at me because I cut him/her off.
So I have learned that if I need to do something wait until I am stopped or at my destination and try not to call or answer my cell while driving. At least I realize I'm not a good eater/talker/makeup artist while driving. Think of all those crazies who still get on the road and think they can drive while getting dressed, putting make up on, talking on cell, eating, and etc.

2 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

Why don't you get a handsfree kit for your cell phone? That way both hands are on the steering wheel and you don't have to worry about it.

Unknown said...

good idea..lol