Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Temptation

He sits on the lounge chair, rubbing the tanning oil over his body.  His arms are well toned, not overly buff, but just the right amount of muscle.  His body is so beautiful to looke at.  I lose myself in him.  Those rock solid abs, tight muscular legs, and a smile that lights up his face.  I look at him from head to toe, slowly drinking him in.  He smiles right at me and I smile back, my face blushing a bit. 
"Mommy, look at adam.  Mommy!" Lauren laughs, as she lets go of the stroller Adam is riding in.  She wants to see how fast he will go down the sidewalk. She jolts me out of my thoughts, as I literally notice I am staring at the guy at the pool.  Lucky for me I am wearing my sunglasses and hopes he didn't notice.  I laugh as I run after the stroller to keep it from bumping into the rail.
We get past the pool and arrive at the bus stop to pick Kyle up.  I sit there, awaiting the bus' arrival, thinking of the life I have now.  Marriage versus single.  Kids versus having no kids.  There are some days I get so frustrated with them (like this weekend when Kyle tried to light a match) or sometimes when I get frustrated with my husband.  I think of all the things I did when I was younger.  As the bus arrives, and as my Kyle steps off the bus, I am thankful for where i am now.  No second guessing, just a quick thanks to the Lord for helping me to get to where I am now.  I love my husband and my kids, but I think a little eye candy and mini fantasy to escape reality isnt so bad now and then.

No comments: