Tuesday, April 12, 2011

On the Rocks

I am standing on the edge, looking at the waters below; it is a long way down.  The wind is very fierce today and I imagine I can feel the waves that are crashing about down below. I wonder if I should step off.  To stay means facing things I can't face and to step off means freedom.  Freedom from the pain and misery I feel swallowed up in.  I want so badly to feel the wind beneath and above me, carrying me away.  For that one moment I do not feel..there is nothing but the taste of peacefulness.  I want that moment so badly.  Yet I am so hesitant; I know that moments don't last and there is always something after, good or bad.  I am tired of the bad. I scream out, knowing the wind drowns out my scream but hoping it carries it away.  I shed a tear, knowing it stays on my face but hoping it drops into the waves, becoming part of something bigger.  I am a just a person hoping to be something more than what I am but not quite sure of the road to be traveled. 

No comments: