Thursday, February 15, 2007

To Give A Life

I was totally going to write about my workout today but instead I'm going to write about life. While rocking the baby I watched Saving Private Ryan. At the end of the movie he asks his wife if he has lived a good life. This made me think. Do we live our lives as if someone has died for us? What I mean by this statement is that there are people out there who give their lives for us everyday and people who have given their lives. I'm not just talking about Jesus, but about our soldiers, our police (although we don't think of them that way), and firemen. These men and women have laid down their lives and put their lives at risk for you and me. Think about that for a moment.
Just because we did not witness the death of Jesus or all that he went through doesn't mean it has lost its importance. Just because we were not alive during all the battles this country has fought doesn't mean their lives have lost importance. There are battles being fought today for our country. We (well at least me) do not keep this in mind always. Do I live my life good enough for someone who has died for me? I don't think so. I have things that I worry about that I shouldn't, I tell little white lies and a few times a big lie and no matter what the justification is for lying..a lie is still a lie. I have hurt people..deeply. Although I have changed alot of things in my life, I still am not the best I could be. I don't think I truly appreciate what Jesus or anyone has done for me.
So here is a salute and very big heartfelt thanks to those of you who have done so. And a big taste of humility.

No comments: