Monday, February 12, 2007

Stories/Tales

Micau's Dad

He is doing just fine. The doctors said it was a mix of his medicines. He was cleared to resume regular activities on Saturday. This was his third stroke and he hasn't had any side affects from it. He is really lucky. We didn't go see them this weekend becasue Kyle has a cold and an ear infection and both Lauren and I have a cold. We figured his dad needed to rest and not be around screaming children. Thanks for all the well wishes.
Table and Car
Last month we got a table from Ashley furniture. It is really nice. We got a good deal on it since it was discontinued. It is square and seats about 6-8 people but we only got 6 chairs. Dealing with Ashley was a pain in the butt; other than that we really like it. We got a tablecloth for it this weekend and now it just looks beautiful. The tablecloth looks great on it.
Well we finally joined the SUV club. Don't know if you all remember but in the beginning of January my niece and nephew came to stay with us for a few days. We rented an Armada. Well is just so happened that two weeks ago our local Carmax got one in inventory. I loved the color and the seats. So we thought about it and looked at Micau's car trade in value. We were disappointed with what they were going to give us for his car but we really liked the Armada. We got approved through a local federal credit union and we decided to go ahead and get it. So far I really like it. Why is it when you go do the paperwork it always takes forever? It literally took us about 4 hours to get the vehicle. A bit frustrating but I suppose worth it. Kyle was unsure of it; he really doesn't like change. Katie loves it because now she has some room. Even Micau's son GC likes it. So everyone is happy. I am queen of the roadway people..lookout.
Deodorant
So what if I don't spell it correctly..you all know what I'm talking about..the stuff that makes your armpits smell good. Okay so while I was pregnant with Lauren and before that I was using Sure. Ever since I had her it really wasn't working that well. When I go to work out it quits working after 10 minutes (I don't sweat I just get stinky). And even without working out, It would quit halfway through the day. Micau said that sometimes your hormones change after having kids and it was time to switch to something new. You understand why he would want me to..no one wants to be around a stinker. I decided to try Degree and so far it has worked very well. So now I have a new deodorant.
Mr. Door Opener
Kyle has learned how to open doors. Unfortunately, the door to our garage isn't a round handle so we can't put a child protector on it. This morning we are getting ready to go to the YMCA and Micau to work. Well we were in the bedroom and all of a sudden we hear Kyle open the door and go out. We walk to the door and open it and there is Kyle in the garage saying bye bye and Lauren crawling to him. He actually opened the door for her so she could get out and escape. It was so cute and funny. We really have to remember to lock it because he hasn't figured out how to unlock yet. Just so funny because he hadn't done that before.

3 comments:

nowwhatelmo said...

Wow. Lots going on. Glad that your FIL is doing well and that you got a new car! Congrats! That is funny about Kyle and the doors. I absolutely hate that Chayleigh can escape from the doors, but at least Kyle didn't go far!

Anonymous said...

You have a busy life!
Congrats on the car and on Kyle opening doors! Tripp has been doing that for a while now and it drives me batty at times!
Hope you FIL gets better and better!

Unknown said...

thanks you all. Yep the door opening is getting a bit tiresome that is why we bought the door locks...lol