Sunday, January 14, 2007

So Much Going On

I haven't really been able to update much because I have two sick kiddos, plus I'm getting whatever they have. Any computer time I do get is used for checking my email.
Tommorrow is Martin Luther King Day and Katie doesn't have to go to school so I will have a helper..yipee. With both of them sick now, that will help.
Lauren loves to follow Kyle around..he's resorted to crawling on the floor to play with her. She wants to do everything he does. She even takes his sippy cup and drinks out of it. It won't be hard transitioning her from bottle to sippy.
Kyle will sit on the potty on his own before and after bathtime. He just started doing it about 4 days ago..I took off his diaper for bath and he wanted to sit on his little training potty. He knows (I suppose from watching Micau) that his penis has to be down because he will hold it down. He hasn't actually gone pee in it yet but he will sit on it. And I thought it would be hard to potty train him. It may not be so difficult after all. (Keeping fingers crossed; knock on wood).
Micau has to start spending the nights in Houston starting next week. That'll suck. He travels to Houston about once a week and his boss wants him to start spending more time there so now it will be two day trips. I'm really going to miss him; not looking forward to when that starts.
I'm still trying to lose weight. I am down to 183; my waist size is 41..down two inches. Not too bad but I wish it would come off faster. Of course it didn't help I've eating three oreo cookies a day...i'm working on it. I really need to lose 10 lbs quickly because a friend of mine sent me a bunch of clothes and I need to lose about 10 lbs just to fit in them..about 15 for them to fit comfortably. But I am proud of myself because I have worked out everyday this week except for Friday. Not too shabby.
My women's bible study group started up on Friday; we are doing a Beth Moore study..the book of John. I haven't done this before..of course I just started doing bible studies. I am looking forward to this. I liked the previous Beth Moore study we did..the book of Daniel..it was more a lesson in history but it was really good. Katherine's bible study group starts on Wednesday. She's looking forward to it; she's excited about it.
The weather has been pretty crappy the past three days. Today it was like 37, but it is rainy and windy. Yesterday was a little warmer but not by much. Not used to it being this cold..I don't know how my friends in Idaho, Washington, New York and such places do it. I couldn't imagine dealing with this kind of cold weather for a long time; add snow on top of that..no thanks. Speaking of which, yesterday it sleeted and the roads were icy and traffic was crazy. In fact there was a period of time that both North and South bound lanes of I35 were blocked due to major traffic accidents. The advice given was to just stay home and not be on the roadways. Everything was icy and us being Texans not used to it. Of course it doesn't help when people can't drive in normal weather.
If you've read all this thanks.

No comments: