Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Prayer of Patience

Lord, I ask that you grant me the gift of patience. I have been very frustrated with my children lately and I feel like I can't handle them. This morning I yelled at my children..well mostly at Katie. I said many things I shouldn't have. I just completely exploded. I made her cry. That isn't very nice and not being a good mommy. It is all due to not having patience and not being able to calm down when I get very frustrated which then turns into anger. My Gracious God, I ask that you grant the wisdom to know when to take a moment to calm down and say a prayer to you to not get angry. I don't like making my children cry when it isn't their fault. I know that when she comes home from school today that all will be well but the words I said to her will not be forgotten. I ask your forgiveness, and that of my children, Lord, for being and acting the way I was. I pray that my children never see me that angry again. I thank you, for allowing me not to harm them and for calming down before I did so. I ask that I never reach that level of anger/frustration again. This is my humbling moment. I ask this in your name, Lord. Amen.

No comments: