Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Sunday's reading and work was a bit overwhelming; had to think about so many things I hadn't thought about in a very long time. Well i'm sure I thought about 'em deep down in my brain somewhere. Sometimes I don't know if examing the past helps to get better in the present. Coming from me that is so hard to hear since I am a huge history buff. I may not know as many facts as Nicholas Cage or be able to tell you every type of war plane and sub used in every war like my husband, but I think I know a lot. Wonder if I could get on Jeopardy? Nah, probably ask questions I don't know. Anyways, when looking at an abusive past does it really help? I have been a bit more moody yesterday and know it is because of having to think about things. Does a person who was a prison of war get over the anger and depression by reliving it or trying to forget? What about a survivor of the camps during WWII? Or the people who come back from war totally screwed up? Does it really help? Yes, no..I don't know. Maybe for some and not for others. I can't forget the past, no matter how much I want to, and it is too early to tell if this is really going to make me more sane.
2cnd Corinthians 4:8-9
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but not driven to despair; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down but not destroyed. (shouldn't this be in a song? )

No comments: